UK planning laws control the way individuals and businesses develop and use their land and properties. In order to adapt either land or properties you must first apply for planning permission with the local planning authority (LPA). Once planning permission has been granted there are still rules and regulations you need to follow.

In some cases the LPA will serve Planning orders or notices on the land or properties should you fail to follow the planning guidelines. The most common notices are:

  • Enforcement notice / Stop notice
  • Planning contravention notice
  • Tree preservation order
  • Breach of conditions notice 

We at Curtis Law can advise you on how best to respond to protect your individual or business interests. In appropriate cases we can instruct a specialist planning consultant on your behalf. The important thing is to take proper legal advice as soon as possible after you receive the a notice from the LPA

We have experience in working with:

  • Developers
  • Local planning authority
  • Contractors
  • Investors
  • Land owners

For further information contact us today.

Contact us today

Our specialist Environmental Solicitors and Legal Executives are available to take your call. Freephone 0800 008 7450 or text "CURTIS" to 82727 and we'll call you back.

You can also fill out our online enquiry form and we’ll contact you shortly.